Monday, March 29, 2010

Cha Cha Chicken - Santa Monica


Caribbean weather calls for Caribbean food and that's what I got with Cha Cha Chicken. I enjoyed their funky, yet appropriate decor, especially because some of their customers were funky, yet appropriate as well.


They serve a variety of chicken plates that all sounded tempting, but I went with the popular Jerk Chicken Enchiladas. The enchiladas are covered with their sweet spicy mango pineapple sauce and it came with rice & beans, and delicious fried plantains on the side.


The plantains were unfortunately the highlight for me, because everything else tasted mediocre. All the different foods sort of meshed to have this universal taste, so it really didn't matter what you ate. I think it had to do with the sauce that they use and how it just mixed with everything on the plate. Nothing really stood out for me (except the "B" they got for their sanitation grade) and the prices were okay.

Cha Cha Chicken Plate

Ropa Vieja

I wouldn't ever make the drive to Santa Monica for Cha Cha Chicken, but if I happen to be in the area, I would give this place a second chance.

Official Website: http://www.chachachicken.com/
Yelp!: http://www.yelp.com/biz/cha-cha-chicken-santa-monica
Info: 1906 Ocean Ave
        Santa MonicaCA 90405
        (310) 581-1684

2 comments: