Friday, March 12, 2010

Fab Hot Dogs - Reseda


It was a warm sunny day and I was driving down Tampa Avenue keeping an eye out for Fab Hot Dogs and that was when I spotted the busy hot dog joint. I was starving and a topping filled hot dog was exactly what my stomach was howling for (yes, my stomach howls).


It was one of those menus where everything sounded equally amazing, but one hot dog special definitely stood out for me, the Bacon Cheddar Melt Dog. I wanted to order a second one, but had such a hard time choosing, that I asked, Suzie, at the register to choose her favorite and without hesitating, she rung up the L.A. Street Dog. I also ordered a side of tater tots with Root Beer.


When they called my name to tell me my order was ready, it was as if I won a special yummy prize. First up was the Bacon Cheddar Melt Dog. Right when I picked it up, I noticed how soft and perfectly warm the bun was, just how it should be, hugging all the ingredients inside without getting in the way. This hot dog was epic from the first bite to the last. The combination of the soft bun, grilled onions, mustard, oozing cheddar, and the crispy bacon made this the best freaking hot dog I have ever tasted.


I was sad to have finished the Bacon Cheddar Melt, but I had another hot dog waiting. Oh no! I'm starting to feel full, what the heck!? I sat back in my chair, taking deep breaths, hoping to open up some space in my stomach, but like an impatient eater, I kept stuffing tater tots in my mouth while I was waiting. The tots made a great side to go with the dogs and if I didn't finish them, I would have stuffed them in my pockets to save for later.


There was a party on my L.A. Street Dog and that party wanted to be eaten. I scarfed the L.A. Street Dog down and it had a perfect balance of toppings to make this hot dog great. The toppings consisted of bacon, grilled onions, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, jalapeƱos, mustard, mayo, and ketchup.


In my opinion, the Bacon Cheddar Melt was the winner of the two, probably because of all that cheese, but both are worth trying. I felt full for the rest of the day, so I might do one next time I'm there (even though I want to try every hot dog on the menu).

Although the place has very limited seating, customers were coming in non-stop. Fortunately, Fab Hot Dogs will be moving a few blocks down to the corner of Tampa Ave. and Victory Blvd. into a bigger place with their own private parking. Lastly, the prices are pretty good for what you're getting. I paid $11.47 for everything, but obviously it will be about $4 cheaper next time because I'll be getting one hot dog.

See you soon Fab Hot Dogs!

p.s. Check out the youtube link below. I just found out that they were featured on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives with Guy Fieri".

Official Website: http://www.fabhotdogs.com/
Yelp!: http://www.yelp.com/biz/fab-hot-dogs-los-angeles-reseda
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PqC7QSDtYQ
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reseda-CA/Fab-Hot-Dogs/46886359853?ref=search&sid=30502511.1107216111..1

No comments:

Post a Comment