Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Q-cina Green Cafe - North Hollywood


Q-cina is easy to miss and I hate using this phrase, but it is really a "hidden gem". They have a small menu, but there's something for everyone. If you're a fellow carnivore such as myself and have weird vegetarian/vegan friends, you can bring them here too. Located in North Hollywood, Q-cina is a small and intimate place crawling with hipsters and former hipsters (old people).

My friend, Shannon, and I started with the "Asparagus Guacamole with Pita" appetizer. Although it was quite tasty, it really doesn't make a good choice for an appetizer. When it comes to starters, I like to have a quantity of food instead of taking a few bites and realizing that your food is gone, as if the starter never started (cue X-Files music). I'll probably go with the crisp nacho french fries next time.

They had selections from pastas, salads, pizza, burgers, and mouth watering entrĂ©es. Everyone raves about their 1/2 lb. Kobe burgers, so I had to try it. With a great variety of cheeses to choose from, I decided to go with provolone. It also comes with your choice of salad, and garlic or sweet potato fries; I went with garlic fries. I used to always order my burgers well-done, but in the last year I switched to medium-well to get some juiciness and more flavor from the patty.


Look at all that cheese melted on the patty. (wiping drool)


Shannon ordered the seared salmon salad (try saying "seared salmon salad" three times). I got to try a piece of the salmon and I can safely conclude that everything here is outstanding quality.


With tax and tip, we paid $15 each, which is not bad for what we ordered and I'm sure healthier if we ordered something similar from somewhere else.

Our server was very friendly, constantly refilling our water, and always checking on us, but not to the point where it got annoying. I really enjoyed my experience at Q-cina and will definitely come back soon.

Official Website: http://www.q-cina.com/index.html
Yelp!: http://www.yelp.com/biz/q-cina-green-cafe-north-hollywood
Info: 5650 Cahuenga Blvd.
        North Hollywood, CA 91601
        (818) 763-6896

No comments:

Post a Comment