Thursday, June 24, 2010

Best Fish Tacos In Ensenada - Glendale

Before I ever tried fish tacos, I was completely opposed to the idea of them, but I finally gave in and tried my first fish tacos at Rubio's about six years ago and I fell in love with them. I've tried fish tacos at three different places, Rubio's, Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada, and Taco Nazo, and all of them are great and definitely worth trying.

I used to make the drive to the Loz Feliz area to get fish tacos from Best Fish Tacos In Ensenada (BFTE), but one day I went outside to see that another location had magically opened in walking distance from where I live.


The menu is simple and consists of either Fish Tacos or Shrimp Tacos.



The fried fish is juicy with a soft crunch. It's supported by a thick single piece of tortilla, but if you let it sit for too long, be prepared for your fish taco to fall apart, especially after visiting the salsa bar.


I love hot and spicy foods, but I think all their salsas are a bit too hot to go with the fish tacos. I cover the tacos with cabbage slaw, their "hot" guac (not hot at all), and top it off with their Radish Relish and La Crema Magica (it's like sour cream) and I'm good to go.


The fish tacos at BFTE definitely hit the spot and 3-4 should get you full. I'm glad they decided to open in Glendale, because Glendale heavily lacks in the tasty small restaurant department with a few exceptions. They did locate in an area where I've seen businesses fail consistently, but I'm hoping BFTE stays for good, so come on by, tell your friends, tweet, yelp and facebook about it, and help these small businesses stay.

Let me know if you ever go, maybe I'll walk on over and join you or just to say "hi".


Info: 604 W Glenoaks Blvd.
        GlendaleCA 91202
        (323) 466-5552

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Mustafa...

    Have you never been to Senior Fish on Eagle Rock Blvd.? They have amazing, award winning fish tacos! http://www.senorfishonline.com/menu.html

    ReplyDelete