Saturday, June 26, 2010

La Cabañita - Montrose/Glendale

I had an early lunch today at home, went to work, and had forgotten my Clif Bar to hold me over during the long hours. To top things off, I had to run errands immediately after work, so eating was on hold, and by the time I got home, I was starving! One of my errands was getting a haircut before my friend/stylist, Alona, had to leave work. I was telling her how hungry I was and she brought up nachos. The mention of nachos made me instantly crave anything Mexican, but particularly nachos.



After some internet research and a growing headache, I settled on going to La Cabañita with Reza and Gene. We were seated right away and served complimentary tortilla chips that were fresh, crispy, and warm with two different salsas. As soon as we finished the bowl of tortilla chips, the waiter replaced it with a new warm bowl. At this point I figured there's no point on getting nachos.



I skipped the appetizers page and started looking in the combination plates section. The combo plates come with rice, beans, the main dish, and with soup or salad. I remembered how amazing the cream of carrot and cream of corn soup were, so I ordered the cream of corn and Gene and Reza had the cream of carrot. I would seriously go to La Cabañita just to have their soup, it's that good (TRUST ME!). 



There were a lot of great sounding choices as the main part of the meal, but I love cheese, and I chose the Chile Relleno, which is a giant pepper STUFFED with cheese, so how could I resist? I had two of those with my combo plate.


When I finally finished everything, I felt like I turned into a Chile Relleno stuffed with La Cabañita. The food was delicious and beyond filling. Great service, nice decor, and of course, awesome food!



Info: 3445 N Verdugo Rd.
        Glendale, CA 91208
        (818) 957-2711

No comments:

Post a Comment